Friday, January 21, 2011
A Romantic Dinner for Two "Valentine's Day"
Everyone knows that I love to cook and host parties. I also love to take pictures of the dishes that I prepare and post them on my facebook, or blogsite. Here is a meal that I made for my Husband and he loved it so I thought I would share this romantic dinner for two with you.
Set a table for two, or for something a bit more intimate, cover the floor with blankets and pillows for a cozy picnic-style dinner.
Lower the lights and turn on some romantic music.
Light every candle you own and create a trail of rose petals leading from the front door your dinner locale.
Cantaloupe – cubed or balled
Fresh Basil Leaves
Bocacinni (mozzarella balls)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mixed Greens with Raspberries, Almonds and Vinaigrette
herb goat cheese
a dash of olive and some balsamic
Mandarin Roast Chicken
5 lb whole chicken
Salt and Pepper
Chef of the Future Cajun Seasoning
1/2 Yellow Onion (Cut into two pieces)
2 Mandarin Oranges cut into quarters
4 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
1 Orange Juice (Juiced)
2 Tbsp of Honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slather chicken with butter then generously cover the bird with Cajun Seasoning and salt and pepper (get under the skin, get under the wings, put it everywhere!).
2. Season onion, mandarine oranges and rosemary sprigs with salt and pepper and cajun seasoning and then stuff into chicken cavity.
3. Place chicken on roasting rack inside roasting pan and cook until meat thermometer reads 180 degrees (about an hour and a half). Baste occasionally with juices from pan.
4. After chicken comes out of the oven place on serving tray to rest. Pour pan drippings into sauté pan and heat to medium high.
5. Add honey, juice from orange, and season with salt and pepper. Stir continuously and allow to bubble and thicken. Pour over chicken and serve
Berry Martinis with Chantilly Cream
2 1/4 Cup(s) heavy cream
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Fresh Whole berries
In a large bowl combine ingredients.
Mix on high speed of mixer until whipped cream holds its shape.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Fill your favorite martini glasses with fresh mixed berries and top with chantilly cream.
Shades Within You
Shades Within You....Open Dialog Site...Current issue
We believe that words can change a person outlook... So join us to discuss important issues and let use know what you think about our site. Gramchild1: Music and the Arts, and Party ideas Tassao S. : Politics, Media, and Business M. Renee: Poetic Justice, Writing, and Exotica